3D Particle Editor

Anything libgdx related goes here!

3D Particle Editor

Postby Darkium » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi!

I just read the recent badlogicgames news, and saw the 3D-Particle-Editor - It looks so awesome! But I have a question (Maybe a bit stupid, but, yeah, couldn't find anything =S): How do I download it (Could only find the source on github), and then, how do I use it? I'm sorry if this question sounds stupid, maybe I'm just tired :S ...

Kindly regards!
Darkium

Re: 3D Particle Editor

Postby ukkr » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 pm

https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/pull/1306
ant gdx-tools
java -cp gdx.jar:gdx-natives.jar:gdx-backend-lwjgl.jar:gdx-backend-lwjgl-natives.jar:extensions/gdx-tools/gdx-tools.jar com.badlogic.gdx.tools.particleeditor3d.ParticleEditor3D
ukkr

Postby Serapth » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Be sure to notice

Closing this PR because must firt send another PR about small fixes + 3d api changes [sic]

So, for now, it's been pulled.
Serapth

Postby Darkium » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:32 pm

@ukkr
I read that; But I've no idea how to apply it. Do I first need to have a newer version of libGDX? Or can I download the library+program directly?
@Serapth
So, does that mean that the pullrequest was merged with the libGDX project and I only have to re-download the newest version?

(I have a bad feeling that I'm behaving really, really stupid... Sorry about that... :( )

Kindly regards
Darkium

Postby BurningHand » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 pm

No, it has not been merged yet.
IRC: nexsoftware / mobidevelop; GitHub: MobiDevelop;
BurningHand

Postby Darkium » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:46 pm

So there isnt any way to download it? I looked through the forked repository of lordjone, but only found the 2D-Editor.... I really have my wires crossed right now, havnt I :shock: ?
Darkium

Postby jrenner » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:28 am

The way I tested was to merge from lordjone's repo. If that option is not available anymore, your best bet is to wait until the PR gets merged.
Superior Tactics - tactical spaceship battles RTS
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.superior
jrenner

Postby Darkium » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Apparently it's available now :)!

But I still have one question left. I tried to execute ant gdx-tools: But it says build.xml is missing... Does anyone knows how to create such an build file? Never used GitHub/Ant before :(...

Kindly regards
Darkium

Postby projectloot » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 pm

https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/blob/master/build.xml

Here's a tutorial on using that:

https://github.com/libgdx/libgdx/wiki/Building-libgdx-from-source

I assume you have the fetch.xml also? Always both located in the root of the repository.
IRC: Justin-C -- libGdx Forums: Project Loot -- youtube: zombiesatenem
projectloot

Postby Darkium » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Thanks! My bad, thought that this link would only work if you wanted to build full-libgdx... :oops:

Okay, so, finished building gdx-tools... But now I get this error when trying to execute it.
Error: Could not find or load main class com.badlogic.gdx.tools.particleeditor3d.ParticleEditor3D
I looked through the .jar... And the class IS there! I used this command to execute:

java -cp gdx.jar:gdx-natives.jar:gdx-backend-lwjgl.jar:gdx-backend-lwjgl-natives.jar:extensions/gdx-tools/gdx-tools.jar com.badlogic.gdx.tools.particleeditor3d.ParticleEditor3D
(by jrenner)

Kindly regards
Darkium

Next

Return to Libgdx