Bloom libraries

Anything libgdx related goes here!

Bloom libraries

Postby samxcr » Thu May 16, 2019 5:16 am

Are there any recent libraries for adding a Bloom effect? I tried using this one from 2012 (https://www.badlogicgames.com/forum/vie ... ilit=bloom) but was met with this error:

Code: Select all
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.glutils.FrameBuffer.getColorBufferTexture()Lcom/badlogic/gdx/graphics/Texture;
   at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:133)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.glutils.FrameBuffer.getColorBufferTexture()Lcom/badlogic/gdx/graphics/Texture;
   at bloom.Bloom.initialize(Bloom.java:179)
   at bloom.Bloom.<init>(Bloom.java:93)

and to me it seems like this is due to it being outdated as a method it uses is no longer there, unless there is a workaround?
samxcr

Re: Bloom libraries

Postby Zappp » Thu May 16, 2019 6:12 am

Zappp

Postby samxcr » Thu May 16, 2019 6:40 am

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I have already looked at that one but I'm unsure of how to download it, it has instructions of Eclipse but I'm using IntelliJ IDEA.Do you know how to?
samxcr

Postby shatterblast » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 pm

samxcr wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I have already looked at that one but I'm unsure of how to download it, it has instructions of Eclipse but I'm using IntelliJ IDEA.Do you know how to?

While I am not sure if IntelliJ Community Edition has the option, the premium version at least offers the ability to import Eclipse stuff. Regardless though, that should not be an issue for you. If you look at the Basic Example given in the project's README, it follows the normal pattern of a standard setup, so it should not matter. You can still import it as a Maven project because of the pom.xml file, which I think proves as the better option for testing. Anyhow, the idea of a Bloom effect in LibGDX seems nifty.

https://github.com/manuelbua/libgdx-contribs/tree/master/postprocessing#basic-example
shatterblast

Postby Sybreed » Sun May 19, 2019 7:34 am

Sybreed

Postby MrStahlfelge » Sun May 19, 2019 9:13 am

samxcr wrote:

There's a project on GitHub available that converted the project to something more easy to integrate in your projects. Unfortunately, I do not find the link at the moment. But maybe you want to start a search for this.
MrStahlfelge

Return to Libgdx