n-Patch Texture

Any community contributions to libgdx go here! Some may get included in the core API when permission is granted.

Re: n-Patch Texture

Postby Kernle 32DLL » Fri May 13, 2011 11:06 pm

File updated, download stayed the same, version history in start post. Key highlights: Fixed andrews bug and some calculation bugs.
Kernle 32DLL

Postby Kernle 32DLL » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:23 am

After weeks of non-development, I was tinkering about the NPatches problem with Texture Atlases today. Long story short, I build a custom atlas, called NPatchAtlas, which is a modified TextureAtlas. This atlas saves the scaling data inside the data package, so I have yet to write a tool that is essentially a texture packer, but also reads out android 9-patch data, and saves them, too. What a pain :?

This might not be the most ideal solution. Any thoughts on that matter is well appreciated.

So long,
Kernle
Kernle 32DLL

Postby Kernle 32DLL » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Whew, it has been some time. I recently (about 2 months ago) started working on some projects of mine again, and was terrified to see that a lot of code was changed, so essentially nothing worked. Duh!

But this post is not about me whining about code changes, but announcing the 1.41 release of the n-Patch texture project. I went through the code and made all the changes necessary to make it run with the current version (0.9.2) of LibGDX. Kinda sad no one informed me about this important problem, but hey - it's fixed now.

I also added a small explanation text to the head of the start-post, to clarify the difference between the 9-patch system currently in use by LibGDX, and my n-Patch system.

Have some nice holidays!

So long,
Kernle
Kernle 32DLL

Previous

Return to Libgdx Contributions