[SOLVED]Doubt about the keystores

Anything libgdx related goes here!

[SOLVED]Doubt about the keystores

Postby vik182 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:25 am

I have a question, when you upload an application without Google Play services, can you implement it later? And with regard to SHA1 when Google play services asks you to assign it is better generated directly by the keystore or by Google?
Yes, I have two key stores, one in debug mode and one in production mode, and Google only allows me to load one, how can I upgrade to production mode if I have already entered debug mode? Yes, google I recommend not to change from the Google Console Google Console.
Can I use the same keystore for several applications?
Last edited by vik182 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vik182

Re: Doubt about the keystores

Postby shatterblast » Fri May 03, 2019 1:17 pm

vik182 wrote:I have a question, when you upload an application without Google Play services, can you implement it later?

Yes.

vik182 wrote:And with regard to SHA1 when Google play services asks you to assign it is better generated directly by the keystore or by Google?

The keystore, which is the file on your computer that you make, would be for signing your app. Acting separately for a different purpose, Google Play Services should assign you a Key from their Developer / Google API site.

vik182 wrote:Yes, I have two key stores, one in debug mode and one in production mode, and Google only allows me to load one, how can I upgrade to production mode if I have already entered debug mode?

It would be a good idea to stick to only one keystore. Once you start with one, Google seems to limit you to only the first applied. If you lose your keystore on accident, then you have a problem.

vik182 wrote:Can I use the same keystore for several applications?

Yes.
shatterblast

Postby vik182 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Thank you very much, shatterblast for your time, but I have one last doubt, here in the following image when one is going to implement the google play services I put the generated key sha1 for me or the one that gives me google? You understand me?

When google asks you for SHA1 To enable google play services:

Sha1 certificate that gives you google:

Certificate sha1 generated from the cmd:

That's my question, I use the sha1 certificate generated from the cmd or the one that google assigns me when associating google play services to my game, or in image 1.
Last edited by vik182 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vik182

Postby shatterblast » Fri May 03, 2019 3:06 pm

I do not use Google's App Signing feature. I think it would be the Upload Certificate that you use there, like when sending an app to Open Track for testing.
shatterblast

Postby vik182 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Thank you very much, use the keystore generated by the cmd and it works perfectly
vik182

Postby shatterblast » Fri May 03, 2019 5:44 pm

I am glad you got it working!
shatterblast

Postby vik182 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:26 am

I was testing Google Play services all day and I realized something. When I generated my apk for the first time and generated my sha1 in the form of debugging, Google Play services worked correctly, until I generated my apk in launch mode and it stopped working. Today I created an apk for the production with a sha1 for the production and the function of the application until I uploaded it directly to the platform and did not enter the Google Play services, and when I looked at the logcat and I asked myself about the sha1 that it offers Google, we can use the services of the apk once loaded on the platform, and I found the following:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46437525/why-doesnt-my-deployed-android-app-sign-into-google-play-services-while-my-deb

So, my question is: can you manage the three debug, release and google keys from the Google API? Or when you ask for the password for the first time, do you have to associate it directly with Google?
vik182

Postby Levi9338 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:06 pm

shatterblast wrote:
vik182 wrote:I have a question, when you upload an application without Google Play services, can you implement it later?

Yes.

vik182 wrote:And with regard to SHA1 when Google play services asks you to assign it is better generated directly by the keystore or by Google?

The keystore, which is the file on your computer that you make, would be for signing your app. Acting separately for a different purpose, Google Play Services should assign you a Key from their Developer / Google API site. tellpopeyes

vik182 wrote:Yes, I have two key stores, one in debug mode and one in production mode, and Google only allows me to load one, how can I upgrade to production mode if I have already entered debug mode?

It would be a good idea to stick to only one keystore. Once you start with one, Google seems to limit you to only the first applied. If you lose your keystore on accident, then you have a problem.

vik182 wrote:Can I use the same keystore for several applications?

Yes.

I have same question. thank you so much help us.
Levi9338

Re:[SOLVED] Doubt about the keystores

Postby vik182 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:32 pm

After several days, I finally managed to implement Google Play games services, in my case, they worked in the following way: finally use the Sha1 that Google provides once we load the application in the Google Play console and associate the package my Application with the key that Google gives us, because this is the signature with which our application is distributed and, consequently, the one that should be used, according to this tutorial:
https://developers.google.com/games/services/android/troubleshooting
vik182

Return to Libgdx