Porting libGDX game to iOS via Multi-OS engine or RoboVM

Anything libgdx related goes here!

Porting libGDX game to iOS via Multi-OS engine or RoboVM

Postby Kidbooo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 am

Hello everyone,,
recently i was following a tutorial to develop a game using the latest libGDX version , a simple game like flappy bird . I was also using Android studio as the IDE . Recently I heard that you can simply write java code ( like i already did ) and port the application over to iOS using MOE or RoboVM.

So my question is.... is there any tutorial that i can follow in order to port the game using either of these ? I checked both of them , but RoboVM didnt quite work for me because i showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ didnt really understood what i have to do in order to create the game for iOS and about MOE ... i tried creating a simple app with some labels over to iOS and adding text to these labels via Android Studio using MOE , But when it comes to porting the game... it simply doesnt work , i get a white screen when i try to upload the app.

If any of you can help me , your help would be greatly appreciated !
Last edited by Kidbooo on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kidbooo

Re: Porting libGDX game to iOS via Multi-OS engine or RoboVM

Postby tomski » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:04 am

Yes you can, with MobiVM/robovm its very simple. you can follow the setup instructions on libgdx main site for documenation and follow those. No additional code needs writing unless you need platform specific code.
tomski

Return to Libgdx