Which Database is Good?

Anything that doesn't belong in the other forums

Which Database is Good?

Postby ArjunKumar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:29 am

Hello Everyone, I want to know which database is good Mongodb or Mysql? Currently, I am using Mysql version 5.7 and I am confused which better between both of them. Can anyone suggest to me?
ArjunKumar

Re: Which Database is Good?

Postby rohanjoshi0894 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 am

MongoDB attracts users with its open and simple philosophy, as well as the collaborative and helpful community, while users report the exact opposite regarding MySQL, after Oracle's acquisition. Another issue with the latter one is owner's focus on MariaDB development along with refuse to accept community patches and to provide sustainability plan. These factors have resulted in a standstill, though MySQL is still the go-to solution for multiple companies worldwide.

Comparing MongoDB speed vs MySQL, developers note that the latter one lacks speed and experience difficulties with large data volumes, so it'll be a better choice for companies with smaller databases and looking for a more general solution. While this is one of the advantages of MongoDB over MySQL: the ability to cope with large and unstructured amounts of data.

To answer the main question: “when to use MongoDB instead of MySQL?” you need to take into account your project requirements and further goals. MySQL is well-recognized for its high performance, flexibility, reliable data protection, high availability, and management ease. Proper data indexing can solve the issue with performance, facilitate interaction and ensure robustness. But if your data is unstructured and complex, or if you can't pre-define your schema, you'd better opt for MongoDB. And what is more, if you need to handle a large volume of data and store it as documents – MongoDB will help you to meet the challenges.

Still facing challenges read this post.
rohanjoshi0894

Postby ArjunKumar » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:18 am

Thanks for giving great information. It's very useful to me
ArjunKumar

Postby Troich » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 pm

- most web hostings support mysql out of the box, mongo not
- depends what are you creating

i connected my menu registratins and account tables with firestore google database. its straightforward
Troich

Return to Talkbox